Airing of the Quilts Information
Airing of the quilts returns to downtown La Porte on March 17, 2018! Join us for a fun day of activities, shopping and lunch as we admire the quilts on display. We can't wait to see the beautiful works on display.
Event Activities Include:
- Quilt Display - Quilts will be on display Saturday, March 17 from 10AM - 2PM at the SPORT Complex in La Porte. Stroll through the different isles and read the interesting story each quilt has to tell. Displaying your quilt with us is free, but space is limited. To reserve a spot your spot, Click Here.
- Blanket Bingo - Join us every hour on the hour for fun games of blanket bingo! Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each game.
- Shopping - There will be an array of craft and antique vendors onsite. Bring your wallet and get ready to shop! Interested in being a vendor? Click Here to download the Vendor Registration form.
- Square Exchange - On the hunt for fun fabric? Or wanting to let go of fabric taking up too much space? Bring it to our square exchange! Look around our square exchange and you might find what you have been needing.
- Lunch- Stick around for lunch and get to taste some of La Porte's best restaurants.
La Porte Quickly Becoming Quilters Haven On Galveston Bay
For over 25 years La Porte has been home to one of the most coveted quilt shops in Texas, the Painted Pony. With over 8,500 square feet and over 10,000 bolts of fabric that date back to the early 1900’s quilters have long traveled to the area just to visit their store. Now, with the help of an Enhancement Grant from the City, quilters can soon make a retreat weekend out of their trip! And Sew It Began – Pieceful Stitches will be the first quilters retreat to open in the Houston area and is located in the heart of La Porte’s historic downtown area. They will be ready for groups to book their retreats beginning January 1. With its proximity to one of the top 10 quilt shops in the United States, easy access to downtown eateries and antique shopping, and a short walk down to the water, this cabin is likely to quickly become the most sought after quilters haven on Galveston Bay.
With La Porte’s welcoming atmosphere and small town charm, there is no doubt that with this new addition and our landmark in the Painted Pony it will quickly be on every quilter’s wish list of places to visit.
For more information on our quilters haven visit www.visitlaportetx.com/quilting.